For Small Flanges - New since 2017!
This new friction element is only half the size of the proven CFF friction element and allows flange widths from 13 mm. That’s why it is predestined for the use in door- and roof areas as well as attachments.
The low weight of approximately 0.7 g and the short cycle-time of approx. 0.7 seconds offers a reliable and in particular economic joining version of the EJOWELD process.
The element doesn`t have to take up the aluminium under its head, like the CFF-element has to. Due to this it can be smaller. The displaced aluminium is transported out of the area under the head and is getting in shape by a special driving bit.
- 0.7 g only half the weight of a comparable CFF-element
- Head projection 1.4 mm
- Cycle time below 0.8 seconds
- One element length for upper layer of 1-2 mm
- Without pre-hole, optimized for AlSi coatings
- Upper layer(s): light metal (150–320 N/mm²) thickness 1.0 - 2.0 mm
- Base layer: steel material (600–1,800 N/mm²) thickness 1.0 - 2.0 mm